Posted on: January 7, 2009 11:37 am
This entry has been removed by the administrator.
This message has been removed by the administrator.
Posted on: December 29, 2008 3:21 pm
Firstly, I would like to thank everyone who contributed to the original blog post. There was sufficient interest to get the ball rolling. So here are the requirements:
1. Nominate 10 American Rock and Roll bands that you believe are worthy of being in the discussion of The Greatest American Rock and Roll Band. I know musical taste is subjective, but please keep the following in mind when nominating a band: musicianship, innovation, influence on other musicians/pop culture, popularity, and commercial success
2. Keep nominations to American Bands, no solo acts please. As it pertains to this contest, an American Band will be considered any band that has a minimum of 51% American-born musicians at the time the band was formed. In addition, the band needs to have been formed in the US. Any nomination of a band that does not meet this requirement will be invalidated. Nominations for bands like The E Street Band and The Heartbreakers will be accepted.
3. Depending on the results the bands receiving the the most nominations will be placed in brackets based on the time period in which their first official release was issued. (60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and beyond). In the event that some bands need to be moved to a different bracket to balance them out, I will try to move bands into a bracket that contains bands similar in genre. Bands receiving more votes will get higher seedings.
4. The initial voting period will end on January 4th. I will then need some time to get the brackets set up.
5. Feel free to add commentary to your choices.
6. Respect is important. We won't all agree on the choices, but be respectful of other people's musical taste. No flaming please.
Have fun and check back often.