The Voting for Round 1 Has Officially Closed! No more votes will be accepted, but I don't expect that to be a problem, since nobody has voted in in days.
After much deliberation, the brackets have been set. I was unable to stick to my original idea of breaking the brackets up chronologically. There were too many 60s and 70s bands and not enough 90s and beyond bands to make it work. I used the total number of votes from the original poll to seed each band. More votes meant a higher seed. Your four #1 Seeds are The Doors (Keyboard Bracket), The Eagles (Guitar Bracket), Aerosmith (Bass Bracket), Van Halen (Drums Bracket).
As you can tell, I tried to keep bands from similar eras and genres together as much as possible, but the Bass bracket is quite diverse. Please vote for each match-up. The polls will be open for one week, starting Thursday Jan.22 and closing sometime on Wednesday, Jan. 28. Feel free to comment on each match-up. It's interesting to see why people vote the way they do.
A final note, I did make an error when determining how many spots were available from the Run-Off election. In actuality, I was able to choose 8 of the 9 bands from the Run-Off. The only band not to make the cut was C,S,N,Y. They lost in a coin-flip to Blue Oyster Cult. I hope you enjoy this and please don't forget to rate each post.
Keyboard Bracket Guitar Bracket
1. The Doors vs. 1. The Eagles vs.
8. Jefferson Airplane 8. The Doobie Brothers
4. The Allman Brothers vs. 4. Kiss vs.
5. Steely Dan 5. ZZ Top
2. The Beach Boys vs. 2. Lynyrd Skynyrd vs.
7. The Steve Miller Band 7. REO Speedwagon
3. Creedence Clearwater Revival vs. 3. Guns and Roses vs.
6. REM 6. Heart
Bass Bracket Drums Bracket
1.Aerosmith vs. 1. Van Halen vs.
8. Chicago 8. Blue Oyster Cult
4. The Ramones vs. 4. Pearl Jam vs.
5. Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers 5. Journey
2. The Grateful Dead vs. 2. Metallica vs.
7. Little Feat 7. Foo Fighters
3. Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band vs. 3. Nirvana vs.
6. Bob Seeger and The Silver Bullet Band 6. Styx